This individual will report to the Director of Channel Sales and will be responsible for technical support and product training to all our Channel Partners FAE’s & Sales teams. This position will require proficiency in understanding system solution designs vs trade-offs and make recommendations on the correct product selection. Therefore, it will require a deep understanding of the PI product portfolio and the ability to communicate the value proposition and demonstrate solutions to the Channel Teams. This position will also include liaising with the Americas applications engineering team, technical marketing team and the various product managers to ensure alignment.
• Technical lead and first point of contact for all Channel requests and support
• Support the Sales Director with a technical support and training program for the Channel Partners
• Develop and present technical presentations for the Channel training program & Customer’s seminars
• Prepare technical solutions for Channel FAE’s and their customers explaining PI’s product features and benefits
• Perform project engineer functions including designing of experiments, board layouts, and problem-solving in PI Lab
• Apply electronic engineering principles to achieve maximum performance and benefit from Power Integrations technologies
• Utilize organizational, analytical, laboratory, and technical skills to perform detailed engineering work to test Power Integrations solutions for customers
• Pre-sales support to provide assurances to the FAE’s/customer that the product will work for the application
• Post-sales support to assist with integration of the product into the design/working scenario or to help the customer out of a problem situation with the product
• Recommend appropriate PI products based on customer needs to meet customers’ design requirements.
• Travel required to Channel Partners & selected focus customers.
• Experience in power electronics with emphasis on power conversion topologies (Buck, Boost, Flyback, Forward ,LLC,PFC converters)
• Good understanding of SMPS industry norms and Lighting solution in the market
• Experience in applications and/or design of end equipment using control ICs & power semiconductors
• Proficient in using different electronic and EMC equipment
• Experience in PCB layout and schematic capture a must
• Strong presentation skills a must
• Experience working with Electronic Component Distributors an asset
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all team members
• Must be highly organized and self-motivated
• BSEE required
• Minimum 5 yrs. working experience with AC/DC circuit application