Req. ID: 116786
As part of Field Applications Engineering team, you will serve as the primary technical support for Micron customers while interfacing with various departments within Micron. This position is located in Milpitas, CA, area.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- FAE for key broad market customers in the Milpitas, CA, area.
- Build strong relationships with assigned customer’s technical teams. Identify new business and obtain qualifications.
- Act as trusted advisor at customer and field sales force:
- System memory architecture advice, memory product recommendations, technical trainings
- Coordinate activities with other FAE, Sales, and Global Quality team members across different regions to define and implement high level strategies for the key customers.
- Coordinate various lab-related activities that support the design-in/qualification and customer production process, including but not limited to schematic reviews, system level testing/debug and design validation.
- Understand customer quality requirements and corresponding documentation. Work withinternal business units and Quality teams to ensure compliance and/or acceptance.
- Provide customer feedback and product requirements to marketing and internal technical teams:
- Work with and drive internal marketing and development teams to determine the feasibility of specific new products or features and ensure customer specifications are met.
- Identify and communicate required customer focused collaterals (e.g., product guides, cross references, datasheets, system compatibility guides, etc.).
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in electronic board and system design, product, test, system validation, application engineering, memory.
- Systems experience, covering some/all of following:
- Embedded Systems hardware architecture, design, test and troubleshooting.
- Volatile, Non Volatile and Mass Storage Memories usage in Embedded systems
- Volatile & Non Volatile Memories interface knowledge: NOR, NAND, DRAM, eMMC
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including lab testing and debug (experience with oscilloscope, logic and protocol analyzers)
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- The ability to be self-motivated, take initiative, and to work independently or in a team environment.
- The ability to lead/mentor a team, including setting direction/priorities and defining strategies
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction.
- Language: Fluent English, both oral and written.
- Flexibility to travel as required, up to 25% of time.
- recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LP1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Application Engineering, Developer, Field Sales, Compliance, Technical Support, Engineering, Technology, Sales, Legal