In addition to being an established global presence with opportunities for growth, Kontron encourages communication through all levels of the organization to ensure a common direction and allow our employees to make informed decisions. Our culture has been created by the people who work here, making Kontron a fast-paced, friendly, and enjoyable workplace with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a flexible-shift 9/80 work schedule which gives employees every other Friday off.
Under general supervision, responsible from an engineering standpoint for working with customers, promoting Kontron technology and securing design wins in the Western United States.
- Deep technical understanding of company products and associated target vertical markets. Support customer product evaluations, troubleshooting and issue resolution during the design phase until full production and all further sustaining engineering product support as needed.
- Will act as a trusted advisor and technologist to the customer while concurrently securing design wins in coordination with Kontron Regional Sales and Business Development Managers
- Responsible for annual design win and associated revenue quota
- Travel approx. 50% to provide onsite customer support
- Conduct regularly scheduled product trainings for customers, Regional Sales Managers, Extended Sales Force and Channel representatives
- BSEE required; MSEE preferred
- Minimum 5 - 7 years customer-facing field application engineer experience in embedded computing market
- Highly skilled and proficient in the theoretical and practical application of embedded compute products / architecture, including single board computers, rack and box systems, COM-express and other small form factor modules, CPU, BIOS, LCD interface and peripherals
- Strong knowledge of Intel and AMD embedded product roadmaps and solutions
- Background and/or hands-on experience with embedded design methodologies and various PC software including but not limited to; Windows OS's, Linux, QNX and other real-time and industry leading operating systems
- Problem-solving skills a must. Ability to make independent judgments
- Must understand and practice the principles of Extreme Ownership
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills