Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Support customer service representatives, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining efforts in promoting/selling products. Will interact directly with customers in the field to provide support. Work as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, and sales. This position can be located in any area of the Western United States including but not limited to: Denver, CO; Las Vegas, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Los Angeles, CA or neighboring metro areas.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Product Groups to provide product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) for quotations to field sales, agents, Distributors, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Provide training and select technical information to Territory Managers, agents, Distributors, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers for product specifications and applications.
- Assist with resolve customer issues, debit/credit requests, evaluate damaged products, etc.
- Assist in preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Review customer product specifications and maintain up-to-date file in customer files
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation
- Provide application-specific product recommendations to customers
- Influence customer specifications
- Provide troubleshooting of current product in service through telecommunication or onsite visits
- Provide competitive information to internal departments and outside sales force as required
- BS degree in engineering; electricalpreferred
- Experience working with utility-grade switches or circuit breakers
- Experience supporting utility customers and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel on business related trips (up to 80%); occasional international travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to be located within a specified territory