Description: Samtec is the global $800M+ technology leader for high speed connectivity solutions. Samtec is seeking a self-driven and passionate Field Applications Engineer to join our team in the Northwest USA.
This key position is Customer + Product centric. Solve customer design challenges with advanced Samtec product solutions.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Be energetic, be creative, and deliver solutions to customers to drive Samtec sales growth.
- Review customer's technical application requirements. Develop a strong understanding of the application electrical and mechanical requirements.
- Specify an optimal solution to meet electrical, mechanical, and other application requirements.
- Provide technical support to identify new applications and opportunities with existing and future Samtec high speed connectivity products.
- Connect dots in the field and create new product solution recommendations.
- Communication skills and a high level of service are essential. Beyond direct customer interaction, this role interacts with all departments within Samtec, Inc. (Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Quality, Operations, etc.).
- Regional and occasional international travel to customer sites and/or external Samtec facilities as required.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in supporting Customer designs and applications, preferably in a Field Application Engineering role in the interconnect-cable industry. 10+ yrs experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Signal Integrity and a general understanding of system architecture and design process.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, & verbal/written communication skills are a must.
- Established Customer relationships within the Northwest USA is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Engineering or Physics. Electrical Engineering is preferred.