We are seeking a detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Field Application Specialist (FAS). This position will report to the Field Applications Manager.
- Provide technical training to customer laboratories and provide support to the customer during the evaluation and implementation process.
- Follow normal standard of work for documentation for customer complaint handling and customer interactions to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and assistance for customer issues and/or confirm that the customer has properly received resolution.
- Support existing customers with additional training and technical assistance as needed or as product updates are launched that require additional training or implementation.
- Provide feedback from customers and act as customer advocate.
- Work cross functionally with sales to support implementation process.
- Jointly develop account strategies with sales aimed at increasing T2Biosystems business and retaining current business.
- Collaborate with Clinical Affairs to coordinate and optimize medical educational support.
- Proactively provide enhancements for development and optimization of T2Biosystems assays, software and hardware.
- Assist with or write documentation to enhance technical bulletins, user guides, procedures, and technical manuals involving software or applications.
- Document site activities through CRM.
- Provide written updates to the management on accounts with information on technical problems, customer satisfaction and the general business condition.
Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Microbiology or related biological science strongly preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years of prior industry experience in a FAS or similar role.
- 5+ years of previous experience as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist or similar role within a hospital Microbiology lab.
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow and information systems.
- Experience in molecular and microbiology techniques and assays.
- The ability to interact and communicate positively and effectively with customers.
- A basic understanding of installations and repairs in order to support both application and technical support.
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Computer proficient particularly in the MS Office and Salesforce environment.
- Self-motivated, success oriented and demonstrated collaborative, customer focused approach.
- Extensive travel is required – 80%.
- Valid US Driver’s License required.
- Ability to pass hospital and other institutional vendor credentialing requirements – such as, but not limited to, drug screening, immunizations, training and background screening.