$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Beverly, MA 01915
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 59 days ago
This will be a hybrid role primarily dedicated to supporting QIAGEN's consumable products and Services for next-generation sequencing which will include pre-sales & post-sales technical support, project management, & implementation support at customer sites in (PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH and ME) the assigned territory. Preferred locations are Boston or NYC metro area. Candidates located in GA, SC, NC, VA, and MD will also be considered.
- PhD degree in genetics or a related field highly desirable.
- 3-5 year of extensive practical/lab experience.
- Technical training experience highly desirable.
- Experience in project management highly desirable.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of NGS platforms and products.
- Experience working within a Next Generation sequencing core is highly desirable.
- Experience with RNAi, in situ hybridization and oligonucleotide applications desired.
- Excellent understanding of the genomics market in the central region.
- Very good communication skills and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Experience with CRM software, particularly Salesforce.com, is highly desirable.
- Ability to follow business processes and give constructive feedback to Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Technical Service.
- Deep knowledge of wet lab NGS workflows and products for a variety of genomics applications including whole genome sequencing, targeted resequencing, and RNA-seq. Some familiarity with NGS bioinformatics analysis would be helpful.
- Some project management experience is highly desirable.
- A customer-facing personality, including the ability to build positive relationships and engage in scientific discussions with customers.
- A strong desire to work with customers to understand their experimental needs and recommend QIAGEN solutions that accomplish their scientific goals.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve customers' technical problems by phone, email, webex and in-person.
- Organized and able to work independently as well as within teams.
- Ability to integrate both internal and field-based resources to find creative solutions to customer requests.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting customer requests based on urgency and business value.
- Must live close to an international airport.
- Fluent English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Ability to travel overnight (mostly domestic) an average of 60%.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13