Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of researchers, engineers, and scientists as a Field Application Scientist based in the US Mid-Atlantic (New Jersey/ Pennsylvania and south).
The successful candidate will provide complex applications support, troubleshooting, and diagnosis on NanoCellect systems in life science research settings. In addition, the Field Applications Scientist will be responsible to provide operator training and teaching customers how to develop their own assays using the WOLF system. This position also has a pre-sales function and works closely as a partner with the sales and marketing team.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for science and technology that will work as a company advocate during NanoCellect’s pre-and post-sales activities. If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenges, and are capable of fitting in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre-sales support includes technical qualification of opportunities, scientific presentations, tradeshows, and demonstrations of the company's products to potential customers.
- Provide comprehensive technical support for NanoCellect WOLF technology, including hands-on training and software demos.
- Provide ongoing support and troubleshooting for customers in person, and via phone, email, and web.
- Assist in technical support case management and reporting.
- Perform in-field repairs, installations, and yearly maintenance visits.
- Participate in new product development projects as a representative of the commercial and technical support teams.
- Serve as the voice of the customer to product management for product improvements and new application areas.
- Assist in the creation and review of technical materials including manuals, application notes, and presentations.
- Create and maintain customer contact and support-related information in the company enterprise database.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. in Biology related field (or BS/MS with equivalent experience) and a strong background working in Cell Analysis is required
- 3-5 years of hands-on laboratory experience in Cell Analysis, protein biochemistry, immunology, drug discovery/molecular pharmacology, or related field is required.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry, FACS and Cell Sorting, and hands-on analysis of data from complex systems
- Strong communication skills and experience delivering scientific presentations
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, applications, and analysis of data from cell sorters and flow cytometers.
- Detailed-oriented, independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in all aspects of customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and strong technical writing ability
- Ability to travel overnight 50% of the time
- This position requires the use of hands/fingers to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer printer
- This position requires the ability to move and or lift equipment and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds