North Carolina - Raleigh, NC
Up to 50%
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
We are currently seeking an outstanding Field Applications Scientist based in the Southeast area to provide exceptional sales and customer support for our revolutionary protein analysis instrumentation. The candidate will be a key member of a team of Field Applications Scientists, responsible for providing pre- and post-sales assay development and technical support for several product families. A strong background in immunoassays/proteomics is needed, along with the ability to communicate technical information to varied scientific audiences. The ideal candidate is an energetic, dependable and enthusiastic team-player, who's savvy about innovative technology.
Ideally, this candidate will be located in or near to Raleigh NC, Atlanta GA, or Orlando FL.
- Empower scientists by training on instrument use, assay development and data analysis for Protein Simple's Simple Western, Simple Plex and Biologics instruments and software
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with customers in assigned territory
- Foster increased product usage; support sales efforts through technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Accompany Sales Representatives in customer laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance
- Provide post-sales assay development and troubleshooting support for customers in-person, via phone and email
- Travel to customer laboratories to provide support
- Contribute customer feedback to marketing, product development and software teams
- Assist in creation and review of technical literature and training resources
- Create and maintain customer support information using our CRM (SalesForce)
- Communicate effectively with customers and team members
Education and Experience:
- Minimum BS/BA degree in biochemistry, bioengineering, pharmaceutical sciences, biology or a related life science field. MS/PhD and Field Applications Scientist experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with immunoassays and protein characterization assays isrequired
- Strong understanding of various protein analysis techniques including western blots, Luminex, ELISA, FACS, capillary electrophoresis is desired
- Substantial knowledge of current scientific literature and life science methods and applications
- Proven record working efficiently both in a team environment and independently is required; previous experience providing Field Applications/Technical support is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is required
- Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in training and teaching
- Ability to travel 50% of the time