Organization & Role
The Teradyne Solutions Engineering Group Field Applications team is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic, driven Field Application Engineer who will work collaboratively with the team as well as independently to determine and develop imaginative, thorough, and practical application solutions.
Field Applications Engineers in the Solutions Engineering Group will have the opportunity to experience a range of activities, which vary week to week and sometimes day to day. These include:
- Devise innovative techniques for testing and characterizing leading edge Digital and Mixed Signal devices
- Design sophisticated analog and digital test interfaces to implement switching, filtering, signal conversion, and other functions
- Write and debug test programs in C/Visual Basic to solve customer's test problem for mixed-signal, logic, and memory applications
- Create demonstration development programs and presentations
- Identify trends in customer IC development to help guide the development of new Teradyne ATE instrumentation
- Reproduce customer problems for software/hardware engineering to correct, and provide interim solutions to keep our customers production flowing
- Develop competitive benchmarks to differentiate us from the competition
- Travel to customer sites to support Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Product Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop sales and support strategies
- Attend trade shows as a technical representative
- Write and present technical papers at our professional conference, the Teradyne Users Group
- Teach technical classes and seminars to customers and Teradyne engineers
- Project management to maintain and oversee the delivery of critical project milestones
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Must have strong, hands on hardware experience using lab equipment, such as: Digital multimeter, High Speed Oscilloscopes and Waveform generators.
- Must have strong programming experience in C, C++ and VB.
- Must be proficient in Windows and Excel.
- Must have excellent communications skills; Verbal, presentation and documentation.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% or greater
- Experience with ATE equipment such as; 93K Advantest, Eagle or other test equipment is highly desired.
- Candidates must have a BS degree in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Application Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Field Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering