$80K — $100K *
FAE is responsible for technical sales activities in new and existing opportunities. Individual contributor will work closely with Sales and Extended Teams to ensure overall technical design proposal meets customer requirements. This position will have in-depth, hands-on experience with Supermicro Server/Storage and Switching Products and Solutions, Competitors Products and Services, with the ability to present and demonstrate those solutions to Customers and Partners. FAE/SE is a critical part of Pre and Post Sales cycle and must be capable of displaying in-depth technical knowledge of Supermicro and competitive products and solutions as well as technologies and market drivers. For OEM related opportunities, one of the key measures will be Design Wins and transforming them to product revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Works closely with the sales and extended teams to map end-user customer business, partner requirements and provide most optimized technical solutions.
• Provides technical leadership in Pre-Sales and oversight in implementation of such solutions.
• Highly technical problem solver who understands system architecture, hardware and software interaction.
• Manage and leads product HW and SW engineers during product development.
• Manage and leads teams during investigation and resolution of problems in the field.
• Has a good understand of firmware, drivers, OS, Applications and their interaction that can cause system issues.
• Develop and review systems solutions, technical bid responses and presentations.
• For OEM projects, be able to convert them to Design Wins and transform them into revenue opportunities.
• Work cross-department to ensure customer satisfaction and timely resolution of issues
• Ability to build and demonstrate proof-of-concept that meets or exceeds customer business needs.
• Ability to present the corporate brand, product messaging and solutions to customers.
• Visit on-site facilities and operations to enable solution integration and issue resolution.
• Some travel required
• Aptitude to work remotely and at customer site.
• Bachelors' or Masters' degree in engineering discipline; computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering preferred.
• Minimum 3 year related experience with Data Center or IT Infrastructure experience desired
• Strong background and experience with x86-based server architecture.
• Solid HW system design and diagnostics skills.
• Experience with Firmware, Linux, Windows and virtualization platforms required.
• Experience in vertical markets segments such as Finance, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Education, Govt. and others.
• Strong technical communication and leadership skills to lead investigations with engineers of multiple disciplines
• Individual must be able to work effectively in a high pressure environment.
Valid through: 10/16/2020