Japanese manufacturing company is seeking for Field Application Engineer.
The Field Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales team and the customer by providing technical support and resolution of technical issues to maximize design win success.
1. Sales Support - Support the sales team with customer qualification and product design
2. Design Failure Analysis & Reporting - Conduct failure analysis investigation of customer products as part of the design process and report to the customer as required.
3. Relationship Development/Communications - External - Visit customers regularly, either independently or with sales team, for interactive customer engineering discussions
4. Product Documentation - Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required
5. Reporting Communications Internal/External ? Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com).
And to create the meeting minutes and call reports by Japanese after attending the meeting.
6. Product Ordering & Coordination ? Coordinate sample ordering, delivery, and follow-up with customer for product approval
7. Design Recommendations ? Understand customers technical requirements and make appropriate design recommendations
8. Product Development - Provide technical support to identify new applications and coordinate with appropriate program management, factory, marketing and sales staff on development of customer applications
9. Travel - Travelrequired up to 80%; majority will be domestic with some international. And travel overseas as required to support customer visits to factories in Japan, China and SE Asia.
10. Technical Research & Reporting - Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis. To review and negotiate with internal Business Unit by Japanese after the meeting.
11. Monthly Reporting - Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor.
12. Other - Perform other duties as related to the job function as required
4.ISO/TS 16949, DFMEA, APQP and other AIAG core tools.
5.Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Power Point required; AutoCad, SolidWorks, or ProE a plus