Field Application Engineer Requirements L3 Cincinnati Electronics Advanced Programs group is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and technically savvy Field Application Engineer . The Field Application Engineer provides technical explanation and operational understanding to customers and supports the business development team in providing demonstrations to customers. This person should be able to work independently with customers and provide technical guidance and assist in fieldtroubleshooting when appropriate. Some essential duties andresponsibilitiesinclude:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to support requirements in the field
- Analyze and troubleshoot equipment in the field
- Provide Engineering with technical input from customers and field (via Tech Reports, etc.) to aid in identification and implementation of issue resolution, and new product or process feature requests
- Initiate or design of new products for expedited needs; must follow all engineering standards
- Ability to design and develop rapid prototyping for new EO/IR systems
- Follow through and close loop with functional groups; ensure issues resolved and documented per engineering standards
- Assist with integration of new equipment in the field
To be successful in this position potential candidates should possess the following:
- A technical degree in electrical, electronics or engineering related field is required. Bachelor's degree in electrical or electronics or related field is preferred or ability to obtain degree within 6 months of hire
- At least five (5) years of combined experience with the operation, troubleshooting, demonstration, and training on RF communications equipment and embedded computer systems or commensurate industry experience
- Experience with electrical and mechanical CAD software is a plus
- Along with the years of experience mentioned above, infrared systems, electronics and supporting equipment knowledge and experience is preferred
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required. Active Secret level clearance is preferred.
- Ability to support up to 30% travel.