Job Description: As a Field Application Engineer, you will join a dynamic team focused on winning designs in a market which is tightly aligned with Intel’s growth strategy for the virtuous cycle of computing. This is a commissionedsales role,responsible for managing the technical relationship between Intel and a global broadband gateway OEM. Focus will be on products from Connected Home Division, including consumer/SMG broadband gateway SOCs,WAN connectivity, access point WiFi chipsets, and NAS solutions. During customer's product design cycle, you will be expected to:
• Provide design assistance including on-site visits to review designs, examine customer problems and provide suggestions on optimal ways to use Intel products.
• Manage relationships between Intel and customers by establishing relationships with key individuals at accounts.
• Identify and develop new opportunities within accounts.
• Give product demonstrations and execute benchmarks to show product capabilities and ease of use.
• Understand competitor's strengths and weaknesses relative to the appropriate technical strategy.
• Communicate strategies to appropriate field and factory personnel to obtainrequiredsupport and coordination.
• Assist the customer throughout the development cycle to ensure successful completion of the product.
• Provide timely feedback to Intelsales and business unit management on product and strategy issues to ensure the Intel is capable ofresponding to and/or anticipating changes needed to maintain success.
• BSEE, BSCS or equivalent; MBA is a plus
• 7+ years strategic technical sales or customer facing experience with an established track record of exceeding plan over multiple years
• Established network of customers, suppliers and partners required to enable and scale designs for the broadband gateway market
• Demonstrated capacity to qualify and develop new accounts as a trusted advisor.
• Ability to travel ~20% of the time, including occasional international travel. A0007
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.