The Field Application Engineer is responsible for providing field technical support of a wide range of motion control products to distributors, OEMs and end users. The FAE will travel to sites in OH, IN, MI and KY. It is a remote based position.
- Set up, test, troubleshoot servo control systems.
- High level of understanding of motion control theory.
- Review, test and troubleshoot a various fieldbus protocols utilizing various PLCs, such as Ethernet IP, EtherCAT, CANOpen, Modbus, Profinet.
- Develop and conduct training on servo motor & control products and fieldbus communications.
- Assist Field Sales Engineers with customer’s system evaluation and provide technical assistance in training for product features and benefits.
- Assist Sales Engineers develop product familiarity and empirical application knowledge.
- Writing motion control Application Notes and Articles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. MET or EET also accepted.
- 10+ years of professional working experience.
- 3+ years of automation experience.
- Experience working face-to-face with customers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel 15 – 50% to customer sites.
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills to identify alternative and correct solutions.
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision and within time limits.
- Must be a green card holder or US citizen.
- Must reside within the territory.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Remote office and customer on-site training, system evaluation and system commissioning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, including lifting demo cases of 45 – 50 pounds.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.