Applies design concepts from the company's portfolio of products to meet customer needs in a cost-effective manner. Assists sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and technologies to meet customer needs as well as applying system expertise with product implementation. Works closely with the business units to resolve customers' technical problems. Provides customer training and support with technical information for specific applications.
- Provides pre and/or post-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions across divisions
- Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Assists the sales and marketing staffs in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs
- Analyze customer product specifications, develops and implements solution for customer requirements
- Support customers during all product phases: component selection, design, debug, production and feedback collection
- Identify and provide feedback on critical customer needs and market trends
- Provide on-site debugging and design updates to existing clients
- Work with divisional design staff to drive closure on customer issues
- Coach, mentor and train FAEs as needed
- Assist launches of new product introductions
- Bachelor's Degree -- Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5 years of experience or masters with 3 years.
- Working knowledge of communications systems including OTN, 4G/5G cellular and backhaul, broadband access including cable, DSL, and PON.
- Working knowledge of broadband consumer premise equipment including gateways, set top boxes, IP set tops, IP cameras, security systems, home automation.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: POTS voice, precision timing (PLLs, Sync-E, 1588), audio processing, Power over Ethernet, 802.11 WiFi or related RF technologies.
- Previous experience providing customer-facing technical support preferred
- Previous experience in characterizing, designing and debugging of components and/or systems
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills, with ability to work in a matrixed team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills required - this will include experience in the design and delivery of effective sales training and customer product presentations
- Position requires travel to customer sites
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record