Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
Serve as Field Application Engineer for the Electrification Products Division within assigned territory. Focus will be on supporting Consultant Engineers, EPC's, Design Build Contractors and customer clients with power system design expertise, utilizing ABB products and services within fully designed systems. Support ABB products in customer specifications and one line designs, which include but are not limited to MV/LV switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, E-Max and T-Max breakers, transformer, outdoor products, and re-closer application solutions. This position (FAE) will work closely with Front End Sales management and counterparts to identify target accounts and consultants for one-line design support for overall growth in ABB products and services solutions.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as lead for Consultant Engineering, EPC's, DBC's and customer base, ensuring ABB products and solutions are specified and listed as preferred/acceptable manufacturer in base specifications and projects requiring high level technical support.
• Lead product expert in disruptive innovation solutions utilizing ABB products such as, but not limited to, the IS-Limiter, Entellisys, Arc Limiter, MV Generator Circuit breakers and other ABB products and services. Understand product features and benefits and act as the "MV/LV expert" to assist sales teams.
• Support ABB Customer base nationally when requested by management based on technical needs of the team.
• Participate in planning efforts in conjunction with other ABB Sales and Business Development Managers in assigned territory, representing technical ideas, solutions, and recommendations as required.
• Lead solutions expert supporting US packaging team and other FAE's. Work as a team with FAE's to bring your inherent and developed diverse skills to our customer base.
• Develop papers for IEEE and other industry events to raise awareness of ABB and the FAE team in these critical groups and or technical conferences.
• Identify and develop new EP business opportunities utilizing ABB's intellectual property, resources, product leadership and experience base in traditional and non-traditional markets.
• Direct, train, and motivate sales representatives by assisting them with complex product and systems applications. Train your immediate teams on system and product solutions.
• Monitor project activity through Industrial Info for projects in planning stage to ensure you are working with consultants and customers on specifications designed around ABB products and capabilities.
• Develop business relationships with customer executives as required, inform them of ABB's technological developments, new products and solutions. Assist them to resolve complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
• Act as ABB "forward observer" by reporting ABB product gaps, product opportunities, market trends, and market opportunities to ABB's Sr. Management and ABB's Product Management.
• Participate in industry committees and standards organizations to position ABB for success.
• Support account managers and Reps with technical support as required.
• Develop and deliver training classes to educate customers on technical industry topics and product specific solutions based on their pain points. Get certified to provide CEU credits for presentations for the FAE team where required.
• Routinely identify and resolve technical conflicts and constraints.
• Prepare project analysis which includes technical, commercial, and financials and present findings to ABB management team for discussions.
• Promote ABB EP Services on every project to leverage orders and revenues from spare parts, commissioning, training, preventative maintenance contracts and engineering studies. Must work well within a team environment and possess excellent communication skills.
• Candidate must be willing to travel 30% of the time.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 15+ Years' demonstrated experience with Power Systems design or related or
Master's Degree with a minimum of 10 years' experience with Power Systems Design.
• Knowledge and technical design skills for power systems relating to MV and LV switchgear, motors, and overall one line power systems products 10 years minimum experience
• Previous design and or operation of electrical power systems at major oil and gas companies, electric utilities, large industrial facilities required or EPC firms. With 10 years minimum experience
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards; ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NEMA, NFPA 70E, UL, Papers submitted and presented for industry groups would be a plus.
• Ideal Candidate will possess an EE degree with a Masters in Engineering with PE certification and have 8-15 MINIMUM years of experience. If, PE certified 5 years less experience than what is listed above would meet job requirements.
• Requires strong communication skills to influence senior managers and negotiate with customers' executives on issues that may have major financial and future business implications.
• Experience in a global environment interfacing with many cultures and languages
• Proficient use of MS Word, PPT, Excel, Visio software, Power System Design software such as EMTP-RV, ETAP, SKM etc.
• Requires in-depth understanding of corporate and business unit technical and commercial strengths and interrelationships with markets and ability to resolve various complex matters.
• Requires innovative strategic planning skills, ability to assess and manage risks, and translate corporate and business unit goals and objectives into realistic marketing and sales plans
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability.