ABB is seeking a Field Application Engineer for its Northeast district to be based in Connecticut. The Field Application Engineer is responsible for serving the Electrification Products Division within assigned territory. Focus will be on supporting Design/Build Contractors (D/BCs) with power one-line design and value engineering expertise, utilizing ABB products and services within fully designed systems. Support ABB products in customer specifications and one-line designs, which include but are not limited to MV/LV switchgear, switchboards, panel boards, busway, E-Max and T-Max breakers, transformers, load centers. This position (TDE) will work closely with Front End Sales management and counterparts to identify target accounts for one-line design support for overall growth in ABB products and services solutions.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as lead for Design/Build Contractor customer base, ensuring ABB products and solutions are specified and listed as preferred/acceptable manufacturer in base specifications and projects requiring technical support.
• Assist D/BCs with driving best value for their package around ABB product set for desired application.
• Lead product expert in disruptive innovation solutions utilizing ABB Ability solutions and products such as, but not limited to, ABB Ability EDCS and Smart Tool.
• Participate in planning efforts in conjunction with other ABB Sales and Business Development Managers in assigned territory, representing technical ideas, solutions, and recommendations as required.
• Identify and develop new EP business opportunities utilizing ABB's intellectual property, resources, product leadership and experience base in traditional and non-traditional markets.
• Direct, train, and motivate sales representatives by assisting them with complex product and systems applications. Train your immediate FES teams on system and product solutions.
• Develop business relationships with D/BCs management and executives as required, inform them of ABB's technological developments, new products and solutions. Assist them to resolve complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
• Act as ABB "forward observer" by reporting ABB product gaps, product opportunities, market trends, and market opportunities to ABB's Sr. Management and ABB's Product Management.
• Support TDM account managers and Reps with technical support as requested.
• Develop and deliver training classes to educate customers on technical industry topics and product specific solutions based on their pain points.
• Prepare or participate in comprehensive proposals that best positions ABB for success given product capabilities.
• Routinely identify and resolve technical and commercial conflicts and constraints.
• Assist with ABB legal team regarding quotation terms and conditions, including Liquidated Damages and deliverables.
• Promote ABB EP Services on every project to leverage orders and revenues from spare parts, commissioning, training, preventative maintenance contracts and engineering studies. Must work well within a team environment and possess excellent communication skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with minimum of 12 Years of experience with Electrical Distribution
Systems Design OR
• Master's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience with Electrical Distribution
• Knowledge and technical design skills for power systems relating to MV and LV switchgear, and overall one line electrical distribution systems products 10 years minimum experience
• Previous design and or operation of electrical power systems at major oil and gas companies, electric utilities, large industrial facilities required or EPC firms. With 10 years minimum experience
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards; ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NEMA, NFPA 70E, UL, Papers submitted and presented for industry groups would be a plus.
• 30% Travel as required