Love to dine out? Passionate about the industry and helping restaurants succeed? Yelp Reservations and Yelp Nowait are powerful tools for amazing dining experiences. Our reservation and waitlist platform reaches and engages diners with an unforgettable experience on the largest restaurant discovery platform on the planet. Whether you’re planning two weeks or 20 minutes in advance, our mission is to empower diners tobrowse and book a table at a restaurant they will love.
As an Account Executive, you will partner with restaurants in your territory and bring them onto our restaurant platform. You’ll run the full sales cycle from prospecting, to closing, and everything in between. Be excited to meet restaurants owners, chefs and general managers both over the phone and in person. You’ll also be part of the Yelp Sales Development Program, which is a two-year track for your professional growth. This transparent program outlines what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level. Increased compensation, title and responsibilities will keep your career moving in the right direction. If you’re looking for a career (not a job), a company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, great training, and have a passion for the restaurant industry, we know just the place.
- Manage your own opportunities and territory: utilize online and offline sources to cultivate new leads and develop/maintain your pipeline.
- Drive the full sales cycle through both inside and outside sales: make introductory calls, respond to inbound inquiries, assess business goals through qualifying, and close the deal
- Become an expert in Yelp’s reservation and waitlist solution. Adapt product recommendations quickly to suit the client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
What we’re looking for in you:
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ successful years in outside sales experience within therestaurant industry
- Experience with restaurant technology (reservation systems, waitlist systems, front-of-house mgmt tools) a plus
- Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
Training and Development
- Comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program*
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you tofind solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge of the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback and experience*
- The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter toreach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee-onlycoverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $3,000 matching per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
Think you have what it takes to be an Account Executive at Yelp Nowait? Send us your cover letter and resume today. Don’t forget to keep it useful, funny, and cool!