Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 127 days ago
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Manages overall Permitting Process for large Fiber project. Manage and supervise internal ROW agents and outside vendors and agents, and identify 3rd party labor needs relative to time constraints of projects. Implements Right of Way (ROW) processes for complex aerial or underground projects. Processes include cursory title, survey permission and easement negotiations. Ensure compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages overall Permitting Process for large Fiber project.
• Implements Right of Way (ROW) processes for complex aerial or underground projects. Processes may include cursory title, survey permission and easement negotiations. Ensure compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives. Negotiates the acquisition of right of way and other property interests, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, and maintenance of client facilities.
• Determinationof Jurisdictional Requirements for permitting submissions, as needed
• Preparation of and submittal of Fiber Permitting applications
• Reviews engineering drawings and identifies risks related to right of way;
• Tracks approval of permitting applications
• Coordinates with Permitting Agencies and Engineering to review, analyze and address any permit comments received
• May attend community meetings, as needed/required by Jurisdiction
• Provides daily status updates to Project Manager regarding permitting status
• Analyzes GIS data to create and/or maintain permit polygons based on jurisdictional boundaries
• In-person permit submittals to Jurisdictions / In-person pickup of permit approvals from Jurisdictions
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. List supervised positions: ROW Agents
Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 5 years of project experience working on Oil & Gas Pipelines, Electrical and other Utility projects.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Ideal candidate has:
• Permitting experience (permitting fiber within right-of-way of a metropolitan market a plus).
• Experience reviewing underground and aerial utility drawings.
• Proficiency in GIS a PLUS
• Candidate Competencies: Action Oriented; Perseverance; High Attention to detail and Quality; Priority Setting
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Process Management
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
• Command Skills
• Confronting Direct Reports
• Directing Others
• Learning on the Fly
• Priority Setting
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of right-of-way, including negotiations, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, operation, due diligence, public relations, community outreach and solid understanding of general regulatory and legal issues.
• Experience with fiber installations, pole attachment agreements, ROW permits, pipeline system objectives and construction techniques.
• Experience in negotiating Franchise Agreements preferred.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients
• Knowledge of FERC permitting process, including landowner communications & notification process.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Real estate, sales, or legal negotiation experience strongly desired
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
• Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and engineering drawings
• Proficiency with GIS mapping programs and alignment sheets
• Proficiency with various databases
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System.