As a member of the GlobalInvestment Systems sub-division, this position will support a multi-year transformational program where you will have the distinction of supporting a client base which is thedriver of theinvestment engine of Vanguard in one of the most challenging, yet exciting business environments. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization and how we manageinvestments at Vanguard into the 21st century.
This is a unique opportunity to demonstrate strong Agile project/program management experience in large scale transformational initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess strong Leadership impact, Conceptual thinking and Relationship management as key competencies. Knowledge of data management concepts and investment acumen is a plus. This role will provide a great opportunity for someone interested in leading a critical, complex global initiative, which will transform the investment data landscape. This will also provide great insight into investment management lifecycle and opportunity to work with leading industry service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff, develop, mentor and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary. Conduct regular one on one and staff meetings. Hires, evaluates and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Works with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Maintains appropriate staff to contractor ratios. Ensures team submits time sheets and status reports. Monitors completion of each person’s deliverables (e.g., business system analyst, functional requirements). Mentors and develops technical crew at lower grade levels.
- Provides expert level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manages large and complex projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects. Uses IT’s project management standards to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal client.
- Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans for concurrent projects. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks. Interviews team members for estimates. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
- Develops deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assists business in driving out multi-yeartechnology plan.
- Communicates with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and clients.
- Develops strong relationships with client management and vendors. Meets with client management to negotiate resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps clients write their deliverables and coordinates team members helping to write client deliverables.
- Leads and facilitates design and test inspections, and other project meetings throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Leads and facilitates other project meetings.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards by team members.
- Identifies, manages, and mitigates technical risks and related business issues – including externally mandated compliance risk. Communicates and resolves staff and technical performance problems quickly and constructively. Effectively communicates and manages project dependencies. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
- Ensures team complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures team complies with InformationSecurity policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet InformationSecurityrequirements.
- Undergraduatedegree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five to seven years’ related experience
- Strong knowledge of project management tools (Jira)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, along with strong analysis, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiating and good relationship management skills are required
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Must have knowledge with Agile software development, Kanban, lean and waterfall principles, integration and risk management, full product life cycle, technical standards and deliverables, and quality assurance methodology and inspection
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services and Java is desired
- Two to three years of demonstrated leadership experiencepreferred.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.