Do you have at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing or operations with a minimum of five years’ in a key leadership position? Do you possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, or engineering? Do you understand P&L and balance sheets? Can you effectively forecast staff and resource needs based on an established budget? Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is look for a solid, experienced Plant Manager in Earlimart, CA. This key role will oversee manufacturing operations at our Earlimart, CA plant with a focus on environmental, health and safety (EHS), productivity, quality and timely supply of products to Wilbur-Ellis Company branches and third party customers. The Plant Manager will lead in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies; provide service and support to marketing and sales; and support the development and improvement of new and existing products. Further, this role will provide leadership to the Assistant Plant Managers, Operations Manager, and their teams at each plant.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices
- Understand local market dynamics and impact on product offerings and services
- Can effectively forecast staff and resource needs based on budget
- Ability to understand P & L and balance sheet
- Effectively manage and lead Assistant Plant Managers, Operations Managers, and support staff
- Proficient with common business software and devices
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or engineering or equivalent work experiencerequired
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing or operations with 5+ years in a key leadership position
Key Personal Attributes:
- Ability to develop a team environment
- Customer service focus
- Commitment to performance development with direct reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and EHS excellence
- Proven track record of effectively managing projects to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communicator
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Provide support, leadership and supervision of employees, facilities and processes at each plant
- Build a culture around EHS in the workplace by establishing best practices in compliance with company policies and regulations
- Assemble and submit government reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Direct and manage quality control issues in purchasing, processing, packaging, transporting and warehousing
- Decrease cost and increase efficiencies to lower unit operating cost of production to increase ROA
- Manage the development of the annual plan and forecasts; use manufacturing financialreporting statements to evaluate operational effectiveness
- Coordinate the design, installation, operation and maintenance of production equipment
- Direct scheduling of production
- Contribute to the scale up of lab formulations to commercial production requirements
- Lead and direct employees to help them grow their skills in the daily operations of the facility; steward a positive work environment for employees
- Support and improve customer service for Wilbur-Ellis Company and third party sales; work productively and constructively with the Wilbur-Ellis Company retail and distribution side of the business
- Lead in developing an environment of teamwork across all business functions in the company; communicate closely with the Director of Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Sales and Marketing teams on progress with activities of the facility and provide updates on issues concerning production, purchasing and supplies
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.
10 years:Experience in manufacturing or operations with 5+ years in a key leadership role