As a Senior Engineer of the SRE / Production Operations team for FedNow, you will operate the production environment for the program. You will architect, implement, and leverage solution monitoring and tooling to be used for capacity planning, utilization reporting, and scaling. The team uses open source and proprietary software to support Engineering, DevOps, and DevSecOps tools, services, and solutions. The SRE / Production Operations team is part of the Technical Operations (TechOps) department and has the overall responsibility for the design, management and execution of operations required to support the ongoing technical and delivery needs of the FedNow Program, as well as the transition to production support and operations. This team interfaces with internal stakeholders, customers for planning, delivery, and service management. It owns ongoing ITIL processes, and the implementation and driving of continuous improvement initiatives. You will work closely with Engineers and Architects of the FedNow program in order to maintain seamless automation across the entire platform. The ideal candidate is someone who loves building and maintaining reliable and scalable systems, CI/CD tooling, and automating cloud-based highly available, high performing applications.
What will be expected of you-
- Provide technical functional expertise to the Engineering, DevOps, and QA teams.
- Leverage SRE best practices.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Lead the team through continuous improvement of production operations.
- Offer technical support where needed and developing automation software to speed incident resolution.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Implement, configure, and operate tools and products in the DevOps and DevSecOps Toolchain.
- Building and maintaining tools, services, and automations associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise in production.
- Update our processes/documentation and design new tools and processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy, and compliant with security standards.
Expertise you will bring-
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of working in AWS environments & services.
- Experience supporting infrastructure for large multi-services applications.
- Experience working with continuous deployment in micro-services architectures.
- Proficiency in scripting languages.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Experience with APM tools.
- Experience working with configuration management tools.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Develop and maintain environment documentation and support procedures.
- Continually advance technical knowledge and skills.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Reserve policies and standards.
- Expertise in test automation and tooling.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows).
- Knowledge of database testing.
- Knowledge of technology project and secure coding standards.
PLEASE NOTE: Position is responsible for 24x7 support for some systems. As such, the DevOps Principal Engineer is required to occasionally work off-hours for maintenance or to resolve technical issues.
Logistics & Requirements-
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience.
- Candidate must possess demonstrated experience with job duties outlined in this description.
- 3+ years of supporting production cloud environments.
- Server administration certification and experience preferred.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Independent critical thinking and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Excellent time-management skills