As Federated Architect – BPM, you will be a subject matter expert for enabling Lincoln’s strategic implementation of a modern BPM platform. You will play a key role in this transformation by designing technical solutions, defining standards and implementation approaches while ensuring compliance with architecture guidelines.
- Design technical solutions for implementing existing capabilities as well as new requirements on the BPM platform
- Define and manage standards for the BPM platform; build awareness and drive adherence to these standards
- Define implementation approaches that enables successful transformation and business value
- Be a subject matter expert to the team; support conducting training and knowledge sharing sessions for developing Lincoln’s expertise on the BPM platform
- Lead special projects as assigned by IT management
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Participates in occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ensuring that an iterative approach is followed.
- Accountable for department software architecture.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex programming, designing and prototyping.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex Unit Testing.
- Provides direction and subject matter expertise on the creation of development standards and guidelines in accordance with Work Implementation Process (WIP) and Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Prepares and obtains approval from Enterprise Architecture on project/initiative Solution Proposals.
- Accountable for adherence to standards for Macro and Micro Design, including the approval of: Component Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Interface Specifications, Class Design, State Diagrams, etc.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, project Load/Performance tests and analysis.
- Identifies and mitigates risks with complex processes and technologies.
- Provides subject matter expertise in defining best practices for development and implementation.
- Identifies and leads the implementation of process improvements that improves quality across team, department and/or business unit for IT.
- Accountable for providing technical solutions/direction to ensure systems/ applications are highly available and meet approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provides direction on estimation for annual planning, continual planning and various tier estimates throughout the life of a project or initiative.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging, in-house developed and vendor, systems/ applications, as well as currency.
- Collaborates with senior IT and business leadership to incorporates new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Accountable for development of, and compliance with, Enterprise Architecture and department architectural and development guidelines and best practices.
- Assesses the impact of technology decisions on business direction and roadmaps and communicates outcomes with senior IT and business leadership.
- Creates and maintains the application architecture relationship with Enterprise Architecture.
- Provides direction to department Federated Architects.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 5-7+ Years of experience in implementing modern BPM applications in insurance or financial services industries. (Required)
- Deep technical understanding of modern BPM platforms. (Required)
- Extensive experience in large scale BPM application implementation. (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior leadership and business stakeholders.
- Proven experiencepartnering with IT and business teams in highly collaborative and fast paced environment to develop solutions from concept to production implementation
- Certification in BPM solutions. (Preferred) #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.