Federal Tax Manager - Public Accounting Firm
BCG has partnered with a major Houston consulting firm that is looking to add to their current leadership team. Our client has a 50+ year track record of growth and continued success as one of the city's most respected mid-market CPA firms. Our client has a successful history providing services to a cross section of industries including construction, energy services, oilfield services, healthcare, manufacturing, private equity, logistics/supply chain, wholesale distribution, not-for-profit and real estate management.
In this role, our client is seeking a leader who possesses:
- 8+ years overall experience with a minimum of six years in a regional, national or Big 4 CPA firm
- 4+ years minimum in a manager/supervisory capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA a must!
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships, and strong knowledge of FAS 109
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to articulate complex information
As a Tax Manager you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Building strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Our client has been rated as one of the Best Companies to Work For in the Houston market for eight of the last 12 years. If you've been considering making a career change that puts you back in the driver's seat with your professional future, then contact one of our recruiters ASAP. To apply directly, click this link - http://bit.ly/2O6kmFt