The Federal Security Sales Engineer will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving Rapid7’s’s security solutions.
Work as an equal partner with our sales team in matching up enterprise customers with Rapid7's vulnerability management and penetration testing security solutions.
If you are comfortable going toe-to-toe in a technical discussion with engineers and then shifting gears and having a brass-tacks business conversation with a CIO, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Work side-by-side with members of the Federal Sales team to develop and position Rapid7's security products and solutions
- Lead discussions with a wide range of technical and non-technical staff and leadership in customer environments
- Act as a subject matter expert and guide during the technical evaluation process
- Maintain familiarity with new and on-going technical initiatives/programs for federal agencies and organizations as they relate to the Rapid7 technologyportfolio
- Delivers presentations and participates in conference call discussions and face-to-face meetings to architectural groups, major lines of business, and C-Level executives.
- Articulates and demonstrates Rapid7’s solutions, and positions products relative to competition.
- Actively delivers presentations at high level speaking engagements at seminars and trade shows.
- Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all Rapid7’s product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions
- Minimum of 5+ years sales or consulting experience with federal or enterprise security customers
- Minimum 8+ years in security domain
- Experience supporting and working closely with a pre-sales and sales organization
- Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in federal customer environments
- Hands-on experience working with incident response, computer forensics and networksecurity teams
- Knowledge of competitive products for each of Rapid7’s’s products
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Request For Proposal (RFP) process and technical evaluation process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations
- Customer Focus - Responds effectively to needs expressed by customers
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented. Also requires ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years related work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems and Security Solutions