About the Role
The Federal Sales Lead will be a key part of goTenna’s Business Development and Sales team. In this position, you will oversee the acquisition of new business in the assigned markets and geographic locations. You will manage and grow year-over-year (and quarter-over-quarter) sales in your target markets. You’ll be responsible for developing strong relationships at customer accounts and developing a partnership approach to supporting them. You should be naturally committed to exceeding customer expectations, have exceedingly strong organizational skills, and be experienced at establishing and prioritizing opportunities in the sales funnel while moving them through to successful close.
You will be responsible for leading trade shows in every goTenna vertical for partner and dealer development, maintaining Salesforce (including weekly and monthly reporting) and supporting individuals, teams, and processes. This role, reporting to the VP of Federal Sales, will be instrumental to our best-in-class, go-to-market organization and must be able to support products and services for a variety of public sector organizations.
This is a Washington DC area-based position. The majority of travel associated with this role will involve customer visits, trade shows, conferences, and events throughout the country, as well as occasional visits to goTenna’s New York City headquarters.
- Grow sales and win new business. Maintain existing business.
- Actively create, manage, and grow customers and opportunities. Establish new business capture strategies and plans through all phases of the sales cycle to achieve short and long-term growth targets.
- Penetrate target markets at all levels and develop strong relationships for opportunities in a technical sales arena. Externally manage opportunities and build strong relationships within multiple customer organizations and with our Channel Partners to successfully capture target business.
- Work closely with internal cross-functional teams i.e. Marketing, Finance, Product Management, Operations, and Customer Experience teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required to communicate our compelling value proposition with your customers, report on all meetings, and manage new action items through to completion.
- Analyze sales volume/selling reports, maintain in-season forecasting, and perform competitive analysis regularly to make recommendations to increase channel partner business.
- Maintain Salesforce continuously up-to-date and accurate to ensure the integrity of our cross-functional business intelligence.
- Remain engaged on booked programs to ensure program issues with the customer are smoothly addressed and learnings applied moving forward.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards at all times.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 8+ years of experience in complex sales in the public safety market.
- 5+ years of experience selling products to the government, military, wind turbine industry, or telecom industry.
- Relationships with public sector and/or large enterprise organizations, vendors, and integrators.
- Experience in telecommunications and working with engineering teams.
- Experience selling a “pioneering” product category and/or offering that requires customer education.
- Knowledge mastery in the principles of government sales and account management.
- Experience with a CRM, sales forecasting, building dashboards, and Strategic Selling.
- Strong hardware and Saas sales experience in Public Safety and government sales.
- Demonstrate success in closing large sales on major programs, building strong customer relationships, and developing key account penetration at all levels year over year.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, conscientious, able to set priorities and juggle multiple projects under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with outstanding planning and organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to lift 25-pound boxes to a height of 5-6 feet and load them into overhead airline storage. (This is related to all the customer visits, trade shows, and other industry events which this role will staff.)
- Frequently perform equipment demonstrations outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Travel 60% per year to visit key customers plus attendance at major conferences, trade shows, and events.