Timing truly is everything and this is where you want to be! Our client is an established and fast growing software vendor that provides comprehensive cyber security offerings and one committed to technology innovation that consistently listens and reacts to their customer's needs. As a result of this company's exploding growth and continued expansion we are seeking a talented sales engineer candidate with federal experience in the security software industry for this exciting opportunity. The company offers a competitive compensation package and attractive equity position for a qualified candidate.
Position title: Federal Sales Engineer
Location: Virginia/Washington DC/Maryland area
THIS IS A HOME-BASED/VIRTUAL OFFICE POSITION
We are seeking a Federal Sales Engineer candidate to help support all related federal duties and activities. In this role the primary focus will be to help drive and manage the channel partner technical sales process. You will be working very closely with the federal sales team as the technical advisor and a subject matter expert. The ideal candidate must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technically oriented prospects, as well as ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. We are seeking a self-motivated individual that is comfortable working in a fast paced, startup environment, and one willing to travel as needed.
· Manage and coordinate technical requirements during the sales process
· Serve as a trusted technical advisor to the federal sales team, customers, and prospects
· Present company solutions to prospects in face to face meetings, online, and at trade shows and other events
· Demo and proof-of-concept company solutions
· Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs/RFIs
· Convey customer requirements to the product management teams
· Design implementation of company solutions according to customers' technical requirements
· 3-5+ years of successful enterprise software federal pre-sales experience
· Security software experience with familiarity with application security, code development, and results reviews
· Understanding of how to effectively work closely with the channel ·
· Excellent face to face presentation skills
· Ability to convey complex technical concepts to audiences with varying technical backgrounds
· Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter with excellent teamwork approach.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or a similar field is preferred
· US travel required (up to 35% or more at peaks)