Polaris Alpha was formed in 2016 through the merger of EOIR Technologies, Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS), PROTEUS Technologies and Intelesys. The Company has approximately 1,200 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best.
Polaris Alpha is expanding rapidly thereby creating the need to hire exceptional enterprise software sales professionals who bring a demonstrated track record of success within U.S. Department of Defense entities.
We are looking for a "hunter" senior sales executive based in Washington DC Metro area to drive primarily new enterprise license and services business with direct responsibility for opportunity identification, qualification, and development in new accounts. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and passionate professional that embodies solid values, fosters team work, and is passionate about technology. The top priorities for this position include understanding customer goals and initiatives, meeting customer success goals, and ensuring customers realize the value our products bring. He/she will have an outstanding track record and reputation for achieving sales goals by selling enterprise software solutions. He/she will be sharp, professionally aggressive, and love to hunt. A broad network of federal contacts with a strong track record in Federal software and services sales is essential. We are also looking for someone with a strong background in selling Professional Services to the DOD space.
Polaris Alpha offers a competitive base salary, a commission plan withaccelerators and no cap.
• Education - College degree (BA/BS) - is required. A technical major is preferred
• Experience - minimum of five (5) years customer-facing sales of commercial enterprise software solutions to U.S. Department of Defense
• Domain knowledge - the ideal applicant with have in-depth knowledge of application and/or web development, software integration, Enterprise Search technology, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics. Experience with Cloud deployments in AWS or Azure is highly desirable.
• Acquisition - solid understanding of the federal procurement lifecycle (funding, vehicles, evaluation, award) is required.
Performance - proven ability to consistently meet or exceed sales quota. You should have a desire to grow rapidly with overachievement as your goal.
• Approach - experience with solution-selling/consultative selling methodologies (i.e. Shipley)
• Communication - You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with customers in both written and verbal fashion. Written communication should show a high attention to detail. Verbal communication should be formal and indicate the ability to communicate complex topics concisely.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
In addition to competitive compensation, Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Life and AD&D coverage at 3x annual salary
• 401k plan, 4% non-elective contributions for all eligible employees - 100% vested in plan from date of enrollment
• PTO and 10 Paid Holidays observed
• Education Assistance Program
• Relocation may be considered
Benefits are subject to change.