TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers and Commercial clients. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Cyber Resilience, Zero-Trust, NIST SP 800-171 and CMMC Assessment and Compliance, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TestPros delivers innovative independent IT assessment solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. We support the U.S. Federal Government and Commercial clients within the continental USA. TestPros is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
TestPros, Inc. has an immediate need for an individual who can bring experience and the desire to work in a role as our Proposal Manager/Writer/Coordinator. The ideal candidate will lead and contribute to proposal responses, coordinate the proposal work of others (SME's, Teammates, Consultants, etc.), support business development and capture management activities, make significant contributions to the development and continuous improvement of proposal management processes, tools, and templates. You will also be expected to provide leadership, methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to support all proposal development efforts.
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Responsibilities and Duties
The Technical Proposal Manager should be capable of developing compliant and compelling proposal response content and producing proposal sections or volumes with minimal assistance from other writers. The ideal candidate should be able to work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to ascertain and address specific technical and management details as well as ensuring the text is clear, concise, and meets all RFP requirements.
The Proposal manager is responsible for proposal development (written, oral, overall submission) from the receipt of RFP or other request for information including pricing through post submission debrief - including completing or managing the following tasks:
- Use common processes for responding to U.S. Federal Government RFP's and RFI's, such as Shipley - and writing styles such as Chicago
- Analyze the proposal requirements and create compliance checklists and assignment/deadline checklists for all proposal volumes (price, technical, reps & certs, past performance.) Proposal Manager (PM) will ensure that all volume leaders, company General Managers, and the VP of Finance are aware of proposal requirements to be addressed. The proposal manager will also coordinate tasking and communicate schedule to partners and sub-contractors
- Create, maintain, communicate and manage schedules to insure a 100% on time, compliant submission record
- Organize resources, both internally and externally (these include technical and management and past performance content contributors, staff recruiting, graphics specialists, contract administrator, pricing, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the proposal Compliance Matrix
- Develop and integrate proposal themes, discriminators and key success factors based on Capture guidance
- Make recommendations on how to best respond to the RFP by meeting or exceeding the customer's requirements, within company guidelines and the competitive environment
- Manages and integrates writer work products, ensuring proposal compliance and uniformity
- Interviews managers and technical experts and develops proposal narratives
- Resolves issues with originating authors or team members
- Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections; maintains document configuration management and control
- Reads and analyzes RFP's and edits proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements
- Ensures that all RFP format specifications have been followed and meets all proposal deadlines
- Improves the readability and clarity of text by using active voice and concise language, and minimizing jargon
- Minimize style differences from multiple authors and contributors
- Works collaboratively with Proposal Management for feedback on design standards
- Creates style manuals and acronym lists that are customized for each proposal effort
- Ensures the proper contextual integrity of each completed proposal section by reviewing edits with the respective SME/contributor
- Demonstrates an outstanding level of commitment to each project
- Proven track record of collaborating in a team environment to get the job done under all circumstances
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a full U.S. Citizen and eligible for a Secret clearance
- Must be able to work independently, and have the ability to wear "many hats" as is required in a small business work environment
- Proposal capture expertise; Federal experience (with IT services, Small businesses, IDIQs/Task Orders
- Minimum 5 years of Proposal and Capture expertise for the U.S. Federal Government IT industry including supporting multiple projects
- Proposal and Capture expertise for the U.S. Federal Government IT industry including supporting multiple projects
- Experience with writing to DOD and/or Civilian Federal client requirements, including responding to RFPs, RFQs, Task Orders, RFIs, and Sources Sought Notices
- Expert 'power user' experience with MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Expert at proposal formatting and technical Writing.
- Shipley Proposal Training (or similar)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Shipley Method or equivalent preferred
- APMP Membership and APMP Practitioner Level certification or higher is also preferred
- Experience with governmental technical proposal development and processes is preferred, experience with Cyber Security, IV&V, and/or QA proposal development is a plus.
- Experience with and/or professional certifications such as: Certified Proposal Manager (CPM), Certified Proposal Coordinator (CPC), Certified Proposal Writer (CPW), Certified Capture Manager (CCM), Certified Federal Business Developer (CFBD), Miller-Heiman sales process, etc.
TestPros offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, opportunities for professional growth, cell phone discounts, and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.