Weston is seeking a Federal Project Manager to support our rapidly growing munitions response business line and related fields. Weston holds more than $1 billion worth of Department of Defense prime contract capacity for Military Munitions Response Program and Range Services with United States Army Corps of Engineers Baltimore District, Omaha District and Huntsville Center and other agencies. As a leader in the munitions response industry, Weston maintains a diverse self-perform capability and technological mindset proven by our pursuits of advanced geophysical classification accreditation and PFAS investigation and remediation. The Federal Project Manager leads MMRP, Hazardous Waste, CWM and Environmental Consulting and Remediation projects. The Project Manager assembles the project team, engages and aligns stakeholders and manages the project scope; schedule and budget to ensure Weston's commitments to the client and financial goals are met. The Project Manager has experience managing budgets of $1-5M gross.
Locations: (Concord, NH) (West Chester, PA)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology or environmental science related degree from an accredited university.
- Six (6) or more years of related experience in the field of environmental consulting and remediation including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor intrusion with an emphasis on Federal Projects.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word/Excel /PowerPoint / Timberline/MS Project/Primavera /P6
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams with projects of moderate size, scope and complexity.
- Promotes relationships between Weston team members and client representatives.
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to listen to internal team as well as clients to learn and understand their needs.
- Able to successfully engage with and lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Creates a positive work environment based on team connections and open communication.
- Creates personal high quality connections with clients and project team.
- Can react effectively to changing conditions, and collaborates as needed.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A Professional Engineer (P.E.) license, Professional Geologist (P.G.), Project Management Professional (PMP), CHMM, Masters or other like registration is preferred.
- Experience working with Department of Defense clients.
- Builds connections with major stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
- Develops an understanding of stakeholder organizations to ensure successful partnering.
- Identifies team and individual strengths in order to fulfill project goals and develop new leaders.
- Resolves stakeholder and team conflicts with support from other managers.
- Proposal estimating and technical response for task order proposals
- Client engagement and identification of follow on opportunities
- Leads efforts to drive project performance, identify project risk and risk mitigation
- Manages project teams by clearly communicating expectations for project requirements, scope, schedule and budget. Clearly communicates changes or issues up to management in a timely manner.
- Generally manages projects that are moderate in scope with multiple subcontractors and internal team members.
- Identifies project management talent on projects and encourages their development and empowerment.
- Enables team members to be successful through effective communication of goals and reinforcing goal achievement.
- Communicates with and aligns team with scope of work.
- Management and communication of project changes with the client and the project team.
- Consistently meets planned project performance metrics on routine projects with relatively few risks.
- Uses project support team capabilities when needed.
- Ensures quality and H&S.
- Strong change management and project controls capabilities
- Assists with proposal efforts, including developing technical approaches, costs, and schedules
- Able to understand and articulate project scope based upon RFP and/or contract.
- Proactive identification of project issues and development of corrective action.
- Timely and accurate submittal of invoices and receipt payment
- Compliance with required client and Weston policies and procedures.
- Develops additional follow-on work through successful project performance and client satisfaction.