About Larson Design Group
Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, and Surveying Firm. We have twelve office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, and West Virginia. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees, and community stewardship. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Opportunity and Essential Duties
The Project Manager is responsible for overall management of projects including design, communications, personnel management, budgets, schedules, quality control, business development, and client communication & relationships. This position will assist in preparing and implementing annual business goals and multi-year strategic business plans for department. This position will also be responsible for overall personnel management of assigned team members.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation & modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Manages clients/projects specific to the discipline and discipline services but can include projects that require multi-discipline services up to $1M revenue.
- Creates and tracks project budgets & schedules and identifies potential issues; oversees sub-consultants; responsible for project profit objectives.
- Prepares workload forecasting reports and staffing plans.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, survey, and other rules, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Possesses knowledge of Codes and Standards applicable to design of projects.
- Prepares technical and price proposals, statements of interests, amendments, and schedules
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverables and reduce design errors & omissions.
- Prepares, reviews, and coordinates contract agreement documents for projects. Signs contract agreements within the allotted parameters provided.
- Identifies new markets, develops leads & opportunities, performs business development activities, and pursues new geographies.
- Coaches, mentors, and motivates project team members.
- Directs, mentors, and guides team members and staff; provides annual performance evaluations and career development plans.
- Manages project risk in accordance with company policy.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in position relevant Engineering/ Architectural field from ABET or NAAB accredited school preferred, Landscape Architecture, or related field of study.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years’ job-related experience.
- Licensure/Certification: PE, SE, RA, PLA, PLS, or other relevant licenses within the discipline strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge with MS Office, Revit, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Deltek Vision, etc.
- Must possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a Project Team, possess strong leadership & interpersonal skills, and strong time management skills.
- Must be able to interact professionally with clients, vendors, regulatory agencies, and other external sources in a professional manner. Must be proficient in public speaking, creating presentations, and delegation.
Larson Design Group is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran.