The Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. The SE is a high impact, very prominent role responsible for establishing Nutanix as an innovative technical leader for enterprise and closing enterprise transactions for federal accounts.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and exceptional customer focus.
- Present Nutanix Solutions value proposition to customers and partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions at the pre-sales PoC deployments.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions.
- Ability to leverage and maximize reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales performance.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers remotely or at customer locations/Nutanix facilities.
- Thorough understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars within CSA partners to increase Nutanix revenues within assigned territory.
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ.
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge.
- Direct professional experience with VMware.
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX.
- Active SCI required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.