Senior Project Managersupporting Federal task orders in Western US as part of AECOM's growing Environment Business Line.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- Supports, oversees and coordinates scientific production activities for scientists, engineers, and risk assessors.
- Makes site-specific client-based decisions and recommendations with full Project Manager authority.
- Initiates and maintains contact with senior-level Program Management Organization leadership within AECOM's Environment Business Line.
- Has a demonstrated understanding of project delivery requirements working with a multi-disciplinary team to meet project goals and deliver high quality technical excellence.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates work on multiple projects.
- Manages communications with client and project team
- Effectively manages health and safety, scope, cost, schedule, and quality of work.
- Mentors staff, providing leadership in an environment which encourages teamwork, initiative and growth.
- Maintains knowledge of new regulatory and technical developments to provide the most cost-effective solutions to client needs.
- Ensures that project team is responsive to client.
- Assists client with agency negotiations by providing technical resources, and supports client's regulatory compliance efforts.
- BS degree in biology, geology, hydrogeology, engineering or related science
- 10 to 15 years of professional consulting experience with a minimum of 7- 10 years of practical project management and environmental consulting experience
- Experience executing and pursuing fixed price remediation projects for the Air Force
- Experience working on RCRA/CERCLA regulations
- OSHA 40-hour, and 8-Hr Supervisor Training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a project team and a fast paced environment
Demonstrated experience in the following areas is a plus:
- DOD sites;
- Performance Based Remediation Project Management expertise;
- EPA environmental regulations;
- remedial investigations
- In-situ groundwater investigations and remediation;
- Subcontractor management.