Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
What you'll do:
- As the creative lead, be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects.
- Be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service. Pulling together all aspects of service design offer by Fjord.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal company meetings, brainstorms and external design events.
- Encourage innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Create “focused innovation” that balances the client’s business needs while meeting their goal of differentiation.
- Create design briefs based on project proposals and client feedback.
- Be opinionated and hungry to discuss the design being done within and outside Accenture Federal Interactive.
- Have an understanding of how user research should be integrated in to a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets and expertise within Accenture Federal Interactive, including Business Design, Business Development and Brand Marketing.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Have a strong commercial awareness.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working withfellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable personal time management.
- Planning and analytical skills are essential.
- Analyze and respond to client briefs in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with the Program Manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and alert the Program Managers to potential crises, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Seek out, identify and respond to new business opportunities.
- Alongside the Program Manager, identify, analyze and resolve risk.
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project.
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
- Engage with freelancers and staff from other offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
- Manage different teams in parallel.
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Alongside the Program Manager, develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Work with the Program Manager and other Service Design Leads to engage the most appropriate skill sets on each project.
- Contribute to and participate in project debrief reviews.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- 8 plus years delivering interface design solutions for various clients as well as strong leadership & hands on experience
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship
- Experience being highly accountable for design quality and project delivery
- Experience with concepting and ideation
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills
- Experience of iterative prototyping
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
JOB NO. 00703136