The Federal Customer Project Manager is responsible for handling oversight of day-to-day operations , as well as independently driving and owning all project elevations and escalations to completion. The PM conducts regular face-to-face client service delivery meetings to review customer account issues, address concerns, and discuss process improvement initiatives which are in scope.
The successful candidate will function as the Operational focal point between Customer and the Project Management Office (PMO), to include installation, resource scheduling, and maintenance support issues with Customer Service Manager. The PM will develop documented processes and review within the PMO for efficiencies for compliance to this and additional projects regarding installations, software entitlements, etc. The PM will also work with the Database Technical consultants on PMO to prepare trending /analysis at Customer quarterly review meetings.
Overnight travel is estimated at 30 percent, but may vary dependent on the needs of the business.
Additional duties include:
- Managing stakeholder relationships, project support team members, and third party vendors to ensure scope and customer satisfaction levels are met
- Working cross-functionally with internal teams, pertinent company websites, and project account teams
- Working to identify additional revenue opportunities
- Negotiating and preparing SOWs
- Working with solution architects to identify proper resources for new projects, process change requests, and purchase orders
- Monitoring performance and trends via reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- DataCenter / enterprise infrastructureexperience
- Call Center interaction experience
- ITIL certification
- Customer-facing experience
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degreedesired; education in IT / Computer Science / related technical discipline strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in IT project management
- Without a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 2 years’ relevant experience, for a total of 7+ years
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred; if not currently held, will be expected to be attained within 24 months of employment
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Forecasting / Budgeting
- Organizational skills
- 5+ years data center experience, including familiarity with infrastructure equipment involved, daily operations, and service delivery concepts
- Experience in case analysis for purpose of customer review and potential improvement
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability and willingness to conduct overnight business travel as required.
Job ID 1009360