Have a Passion for Excellence? Thrive in a dynamic environment? Value the opportunity to provide outstanding service to clients in a variety of industries including technology and life sciences, real estate and construction, manufacturing, and distribution? If you’re a Manager interested in making an impact, come join our team!
As a key contributor in the firm’s Federal Credits tax group, you will help to shape the strategies and action plans to grow Cherry Bekaert’s Federal R&D Credits & Accounting Methods South Florida practice. You will be responsible for helping to manage internal resources and work on tax compliance and consulting engagements for Federal Credits clients.
What your day looks like:
- Managing federal credits and incentives opportunities including research and development tax credit/deduction analyses, Section 199 deduction engagements, and other federal credit incentive service offerings.
- Leveraging your extensive technical skills developed through your growing reputation in a given industry / service offering to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrating sound judgment and instincts with respect to evaluating complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Developing, mentoring, and motivating Staff and Seniors, providing counseling and career guidance.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to meet with clients.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field. A CPA, MST, MAcc, LLM or JD is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in core federal tax compliance.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is required.
- Proven knowledge of R&D tax incentives experience and/or experience with Section 199. Prior experience reviewing Form 3115 is desired.
- Ability to service middle market clients, but must be flexible to work with clients of varying sizes, including large companies.
- Experience with uniform capitalization (UNICAP); tangible property regulations; depreciation and capitalization; fixed asset review; cost segregation; software development costs; transaction costs; deferred revenue; and advanced payments is necessary.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives as well as strong project management and organizational skills