Our first customers here at Nutanix came from the Federal market. This was made possible early on by the Nutanix Federal team building the business case to make the necessary security and information assurance investments to compete and differentiate in the federal market. For example, Nutanix was first to market with an automated STIG feature providing STIG compliance for our Federal customers, "out of the box". In addition to our largest customer at Nutanix being one of our intelligence programs, our federal customer base also have an over 60% AHV adoption rate. That same IC customer was actually the pilot for our first version of AHV back in 2013.
- Experience selling into the Federal Sector that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services.
- Align Nutanix solutions with the agency mission and business problem while helping the customer develop requirements.
- Possess an aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function, as well as cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- Ability to communicate with senior management about their business challenges and Nutanix data management storage solutions.
- Experience with SFDC or other Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- You have at least 5 to 10 years in a quota-carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement selling into the Federal market.
- You have familiarity with the Federal procurement process to include Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the RFI/RFP process, contract vehicles, coordinating responses via our channel and/or solution provider are important skills.
- You have a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in multiple, continuous years.
- You are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for collaboration and teamwork.
- You come with a keen ability to develop new accounts and penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.