Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
In D&B’s Government Solutions group we are creating visionary solutions to complex government issues, often before government can even see their own problems. We’re taking big data to big government to create efficiency in agencies large and small. We’re designing processes and tools to improve the government operations of today and tomorrow in areas including healthcare fraud, tax analysis, acquisition and procurement, and economic development. We make government run better, faster and smarter; spending taxpayer dollars more wisely, and delivering better government to citizens.
Dun and Bradstreet’s Government Practice is growing and we are currently looking for a Business Development Executive for DoD and Intelligence Community team. The Business Development executive will be committed to growth and motivated by a challenge with unlimited rewards! Our team creates and offers a unique entrepreneurial environment for talented, creative, independent hunters. We offer an environment which is ripe for developing and expanding our business across every facet of the DOD as well as the Intelligence Community. We also offer the opportunity to take the world’s largest private database of business information and to create new solutions for government previously thought unimaginable. The successful Business Development Executive have a proven record of complex client management, strategic opportunity creation and capture, and direct Government sales expertise.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that will create value based solutions to drive government revenue and maximize growth in the government space
- Ensures the coordination and execution of strategic Government sales plans and strategies to meet/exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Responsible for driving revenue and positioning the DUNSRight value proposition in the Federal Government Marketplace. Revenue will be acquired through the development of new customer relationships, growing existing customer relationships, and securing opportunities through alliances
- Create and implement a market-driven strategy for implementation partnerships that leverages D&B’s prominence in the marketplace and capitalizes on the synergies available through key alliances.
- In partnership with our Government Marketing Team, implement a sales and marketing strategy through initiatives that include campaigns at the agency level and customer education
- Analyze, develop and implement account plans/roadmaps that reflect a thorough understanding of the Government markets, its issues and challenges for all team members
- Collaborate with major Government business partners and team members to understand the value of our current products and services and how they will bring value to US Federal Governments Agencies
- Remains knowledgeable of Government industry trends and communicates this information to the Federal Sales Team.
- Provides strategic input and thought leadership to sales associates and leaders.
- Develop and maintain industry specific networks with cross-functional business partners to help team members better understand their customers’ businesses, maintain customer relationships and facilitate better account planning to grow revenue
- Lead program and project management initiatives for large US Federal Governments Agencies implementations
- Create and implement Government alliancepartnerships
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10+ years of proven multi-million dollar Business Development success and ability presenting and selling complex applications/solutions within the Federal Law Enforcement/Intelligence/DOD market
- Strong collaboration and people skills demonstrated in a team based selling environment. Excellent communication and influencing skills, strong problem-solving skills with the ability successfully lead through others
- Strong organization, strategic planning and results oriented skill to include possessing broad knowledge of D&B's capabilities
- Proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at a variety of levels both within D&B and with Partner organizations. Ability to work in a complex environment and on multiple projects.
- Active U.S. TS/SCI w/polygraph highly preferred, MUST BE CLEARABLE