We are looking for an Accountant to join our team in Arlington, VA. The ideal candidate would support a Department of Homeland Security client as a Senior Financial Analyst. Using knowledge of PP&E, GAAP and USSGL accounting processes, you'll serve in the area of audit readiness activities.
What you will be doing:
- Gather and analyze PP&E accounting data from multiple systems, reports, personnel, and other available sources.
- Analyze full life cycle of PP&E, to include property accountability and property valuation, maintain records in the asset management system, and prepare monthly and quarterly adjusting entries.
- Review and develop policies, procedures, position papers, and other documentations to ensure agency compliance with Federal financial reporting and audit requirements, the USSGL, and federal accounting guidance as issued by the FASAB.
- Prepare, compile, or review responses to external and internal audit requests.
- Review deliverables for quality assurance in line with project requirements
Qualities and skills you need to have:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Superior analytical capabilities and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interface professionally with the client and provide expertise as needed.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail.
Education and experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 plus years of Federal Financial Accounting with some experience in Property, Plant, and Equipment accounting
- Professional certification demonstrating accounting expertise
- Demonstrated experience supporting a government agency to successfully attain an unqualified audit opinion or reduce material weaknesses related to PP&E business processes.