The geography includes: New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts
The general purpose of the Federal Account Manager (FAM) role is to develop and support relationships with key decision-makers; and to drive access within the Medical Centers of the Veteran’s Administration (VA) and the Department of Defense (DoD). FAM’s are responsible for developing portfolio level relationships within target facilities; maintaining regular contact and communication with facilities; understanding and appropriately addressing the facility’s needs in coordination with Genentech’s Squads. FAMs will work with Genentech Marketing counterparts to develop and deliver initiatives, and they will collaborate with other field personnel, such as COSs, TLLs, FRMs and the Federal National Account Managers, to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of their accounts. Relationships with Genentech are unique and intricate. The benefits of a relationship with Genentech are realized when the facility has a profound understanding of Genentech’s unique portfolio, programs, discounts, and other offerings. The FAMS must comprehend the intricacies of this value and strategically develop and deliver a value proposition that resonates with facilities.
Incumbents in the FAM role, as all other employees, are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech activities.
Incumbents in the FAM role are generally expected to:
- Effectively and efficiently identify, build and support relationships with high-level decision-makers in his/her targeted facilities
- Develop and implement targeted and robust facilities level facility plans that enhance customer satisfaction, strengthen the positioning of Genentech’s products, and ultimately serve to improve financial results
- Appropriately coordinate the engagement plans for targeted facilities with the Squad and MCCO sales teams
- Act effectively as the single-point-of-contact within targeted facilities and as the primary liaison between the administrative teams of these facilities and other Genentech departments/teams
- Facilitate product pull-through initiatives for all Genentech brands relative to utilization and customer contracts/discounts
- Lead the overall Genentech engagement with targeted facilities.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of targeted facilities – structures, decision-makers, challenges, and priorities.
- Identify and implement approved disease state or non-clinical programs and education
- Understand how clinical decision support (formulary, pathways, standing orders, etc.) impacts utilization and identify solutions working in partnership with targeted facilities
- Provide insight to internal business partners/stakeholders as to the opportunities and challenges within target facilities, and participate in cross-functional or other project teams to support Genentech initiatives as needed
- Act in complete & total compliance with all laws, regulations and policies, utilizing only approved resources and messages
- Represent Genentech to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines and direction
- Stays abreast of internal and external developments, dynamics and other evolutions to remain, at all times, fully informed of the general marketplace and landscape and potential implications for Genentech and its relevant products within and across targeted and potential targeted facilities.
- Works closely with his/her manager and other colleagues and partners in Marketing, Squad Sales, and MCCO to evaluate facilities and determine appropriate priorities
- Effectively and efficiently identifies key decision-makers within each targeted facility, initiates contact and communication in a timely, targeted and professional manner, and establishes and cultivates enduring relationships
- Represent relevant Genentech products using only marketing and clinical on-label and PRC/Promotions Review Committee-approved materials and resources
- Communicate Genentech resources (includes field and home office resources, such as sales, managed care account management, Genentech reimbursement programs, etc.)
- In coordination with the applicable internal partners communicate discounts and any other relevant financial terms and initiatives; reviewing historical and current performance, issues, challenges and opportunities using PRC-approved materials
- Conduct QBRs (quarterly business reviews) with assigned facilities in coordination with the applicable Federal National Account Managers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of facility needs, challenges, priorities and opportunities; communicating such to internal partners and stakeholders in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Works closely with his/her manager and other colleagues and partners to complete annual and longer-range business planning and budgeting:
- Works with his/her manager to develop appropriate expense budgets for effective and efficient management of his/her facilities
- Responsible for timely, effective and efficient implementation of key facility plans
- Works with local sales teams on aligned objectives
- Uses available tools/resources and knowledge of operating requirements to regularly track facility progress/performance and provides periodic reports, as and when assigned or requested
- Coordinates facility engagement with other field personnel to ensure that the strategic direction and tactical plans are aligned for the facility
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA, Pharm D, or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
- Average of 6 or more years' work experience
- Federal Account Management or Military experience
- Veteran focus & passion
- Regional understanding of VA and DoD
- Experience creating access to HCPs for CSs in the Federal Setting
- Experience leveraging resources, prioritizing, and teaching
- Coaching, inspiring and motivational Skills
- Enterprise perspective with broad business knowledge
- Strategic/enterprise mindset; but tactically and execution skilled
- Communication/listening/collaboration skills
- Previous sales management experience is a plus
- Proven experience interacting with and influencing senior executives
- Proven experience in effectively managing complex B2B relationships
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
- Previous experience in completing and implementing attainable sales plans
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required (estimated to be ~50% depending on location)
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability, comfort & commitment in/to operating in a highly regulated environment and industry, which requires understanding of the imperative for compliance with company policies, procedures and other relevant internal or external laws, regulations and the like.
Job ID: 201811-127849