US - California - Los Angeles|US - California - San Diego|US - California - San Francisco|US - Florida - Miami|US - Georgia - Atlanta|US - Illinois - Chicago|US - Massachusetts - Boston|US - Michigan - Detroit|US - New York - Grand Island|US - New York - New York|US - North Carolina - Raleigh|US - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia|US - Texas - Dallas|US - Texas - Houston|US - Utah - Logan|US - Washington - Seattle|US - Washington D.C. - Washington D.C.:
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This role is responsible for leadership of the global Pharma Analytics Field Application Scientist (FAS) function within the Technical Services Organization. As the leader of the technical function world-wide with dotted line (indirect) supervision of the regional FAS teams, this person will establish the processes for a global FAS organization that drives technical effectiveness into commercial success. This requires a highly trained organization and harmonized customer experience closely aligned to the commercial goals, sustainable and scalable for growth. This person must provide strategic planning, operational processes, key metric management, training, tools and project coordination support for the regional teams supporting customers, Sales Account Managers, Core Account Managers and Business Development Managers.
What will you do?
- Global technical subject matter expert for Pharma Analytics business.
- Partner with Marketing, Product Management, R&D, and business development to develop strategies and technologies to meet industry and customer needs.
- Act as the primary interface with the Pharma Analytics business, aligning business unit strategy with the Field Application Scientist organization globally. Develops global metrics and KPIs which align with the business.
- Drive alignment of regional priorities with Regional FAS Leaders and Regional Commercial Leaders
- Coordinate Global Projects; assigns resources and priorities in conjunction with Regional FAS Leaders.
- Partner with Core Account Managers on technical engagement of Core Accounts.
- Partner with FAS Regional Leaders on appropriate staffing to meet capacity demands of the Pharma Analytics business. Consults on FAS roles within the regions including career paths and technical champions.
- Manage and prioritize Technical Requirements and processes for the field, identifying the deliverables by region
- Develop global technical standards and support the Continuous Improvement of Field Application Scientists for Pharma Analytics Globally
- Develop and manage onboarding and training of new FAS staff.
- Leverage metrics for continuous improvement opportunities for the team
- Prioritize and manage the creation of internal knowledge repository (white papers and job aids) needed to increase efficiency and effectiveness of FASs and Sr FASs
- Work with R&D and Product Managers to develop and update requirements for services and technologies needed
- Support the Continuous improvement of Pharma Analytics Products and Service Offerings
- Partner with R&D on alpha, beta testing programs to ensure FAS engagement
- Compile and analyze VOC from all FASs and Sr FASs to identify unmet customer needs
- Work with R&D to identify gaps in capabilities or capacity to address unmet customer needs
- Prioritize new equipment and capability development based on competitive landscape and VOC working with R&D, Product Management, and Business Development
- Support Local and Global Sales Process
- Support BAMs and CAMs in growing the business by addressing the technical needs of our customers.
- Develop and maintain strong technical relationships with customers at local Targeted Accounts and global Core Accounts
How will you get here?
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of industry technical experience in therapeutic cell culture and process development in a cGMP environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the biopharmaceutical process, business and customer base
- Demonstrated scientific acumen with strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work in matrix organizational structure and influence without authority
- Ability to work with teams across the global and cultural difference
- Team leadership experience, remote management experience desired
- Ability to interact with external clients and present technical content to small and large group of audience
- Technical track record and understanding of the business processes and goals
- Ability to effectively influence and guide internal and technical field FAS teams
- Ability to verbally communicate technical strategies and then translate those strategies into an accurate concise written document is critical for success
- Travel up to 50%
- PhD is desirable
- M.B.A is highly preferred
- Continuous improvement certification, such as PPI or Six Sigma is an advantage.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.