Partner with all Farm Services business units to deliver products and services to key accounts (large dairy farms) in assigned territory. Establish strong trust relationships with key farm personnel. Act as a single contact point connecting Farm Services and key accounts. Effectively communicate opportunities and solve problems on behalf of key accounts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve relationship, education, marketing and sales goals established by management.
- Build, establish and maintain strong relationships with assigned key account farms to improve participation with Farm Services programs, products and services.
- Enter all sales calls, visits, leads and contacts into Salesforce CRM.
- Build, establish and maintain strong relationships with Farm Services personnel, and develop strong working knowledge of a wide range of products and services, including farm supplies, risk management tools, insurance and lending services
- Work closely with all Farm Services to develop strategies to increase awareness of offerings to key accounts.
- Collect market and farm insights to drive ongoing sales and marketing strategy
- Prepare and deliver opportunities, reports, recommendations, or alternatives for establishing relationships with key accounts.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Attend and actively participate in key DFA and agriculture industry events.
- Act as direct sales representative to key accounts assigned by management. Ensure all sales opportunities and leads are communicated and followed up on by appropriate Farm Services business units.
- Develop sales budgets and timeframes for business development efforts with key accounts.
- Collaborate with DFA Area field staff as needed.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
*The ideal candidate will be based in the Kansas City, KS area. Remote candidates based in the Midwest will also be considered.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Marketing or closely related field
- 5-10+ years of sales and business development experience related to selling products and services to farms
- Agriculture industry background preferred
- Proven experience developing impactful business relationships with large, complex farming operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge for utilizing SalesForce CRM or similar tool
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Strong farm business skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Req Num: req7714