The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of fan aerodynamics and turbomachinery design fundamentals and practical skills with fan hardware design, testing, and manufacturing. The position also includes HVAC&R systems and applications air management design and analysis. Good communication and planning skills are required.
- Fan and AMS development using analytical and experimental methods.
- CFD modeling for fan and AMS flow performance and noise.
- Experimental development, testing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Technical planning and reviews.
- Work with Carrier teams and suppliers to implement custom fan & AMS designs.
- 5% domestic and international travel.
Experience / Qualifications:
Minimum 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Aerodynamic design of turbomachinery.
- CFD analysis of rotating machines and other flow-path systems.
- Aerodynamics and acoustic experimental methods, instrumentation, and data analysis.
- Emphasis on low-speed, low-pressure ratio fans and blowers are a plus.
- Mechanical design, structures, prototyping, and fabrication, is a plus.
- Familiarity with HVAC&R equipment and systems is a plus.
- Good communication and organization skills are required.
MS or PhD, mechanical or aerospace engineering with emphasis on aerodynamics and turbomachinery