What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
This senior leadership position will be accountable for developing and building out our service offering for Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Define and implement the UHNW strategy for Bank of the West’s Wealth Management Group
- Develop a profitable and sustainable model, clearly identifying the risks, threats and opportunities
- Ensure delivery of consistent, exceptional service and investment advice to all ultra-high net worth clients
- Direct business development and sales activities within the UHNW group
- Develop specific trainings for Private Client Advisors and ensure awareness, visibility and understanding of the offering across the organization
- Achieve growth and profitability goals across the lending platform in the UHNW segment
- Take responsibility for the risk management and monitoring within the teams
- Collaborate with BNPP colleagues and propose adjustments and adaptations to the global strategy according to local market needs as required
Other Job Duties
- Develop the UHNW portfolio increasing market share with existing clients and develop new clients through new and existing products and services
- Work in collaboration with other departments to optimize the processes and procedures
- Develop the local synergies and initiate cross-selling with the local teams, including CIB
- Work in full transparency and trust with other WM leaders to achieve the segmentation targets without destroying value either for the clients or for the Bank
- Motivate the team to fully promote One WM concept in the client’s interest only and ensure the team is using wisely all WM resources
- Ensure best practices sharing and exchanges between the sites/ the markets/the teams
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires exceptional business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
- Requires technical and operational capability to define and/or oversee program design in broad area of responsibility.
- Typically has broad substantive management experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization.
- Applies extensive business and industry expertise and provides organizational thought leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven business development experience within the UHNW space.
- Experience developing and integrating a UHNW offering.
- Advanced knowledge of all consumer and business services and products for ultra high net worth individuals and related businesses.
- Thorough understanding of financial planning concepts, including trust/estate planning, tax planning, investments, insurance and custom credit.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Demonstrated management, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills--must communicate successfully with employees, management, valued customers and prospects, and prominent sources of influence.
- Proven track record of problem solving and team building.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Possess a demonstrated high level of networking, negotiation, business acumen and functional expertise.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication, writing, and group presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and build effective network and external referral sources.