Manages the Jones Regional Family Counseling Department, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team contributes professional knowledge and skills in the provision and management of the care of patients and their families.
Maintains the integrity of the department by adhering to established departmental protocols and state counseling codes. Works at the highest level of professional and personal competency for the benefit of each counseling patient, their families and the community. Seize opportunities to work across departments, and bring ever expanding knowledge to benefit patients and associates.
- Manages the needs of clients and families by designing a plan of care.
- Manager shall participate in Performance Improvement Committee meetings and Quality Improvement Processes.
- Maintains the Departmental Budget.
- Monitors proper documentation for compliance of an accurate legal record and performs Chart Audits.
- Maintaining EPIC schedules, utilization stats and billing of patient sessions.
- Conduct counseling sessions with both inpatients and outpatients within one’s professional expertise.
- Maintain patient records in accordance with established HIPPA policies and procedures.
Development & Education:
- Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance leadership skills/practice and sharing knowledge through networking and research.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DIA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Masters Degree in social work, counseling, (mental health or marital and family counseling/therapy) or psychology.
Masters Degree in nursing may be considered if the holder is certified in psychiatric nursing or a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
Must have extensive experience offering individual, group and family therapy in treatment settings.
Experience needs to allow for provision of clinical leadership.
Prefer the candidate has experience in treating psychological trauma with one or several modalities.
Substitution of experience or alternative certification may be approved.
Must have independent level license as a therapist in state of Iowa, or be imminently able to meet this requirement.
Licensed at the highest level of their degree. Current licensure must be in good standing in the state of Iowa.
Must have LMFT Certification
Knowledge of family system dynamics and the impact of trauma on those dynamics.
Must be able to screen callers for high safety risk (triage).
Knowledge of specific services/agencies in this geographic area.
Knowledge of practices of behavioral managed care and related experience.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID 2017-37161