Key FP Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary care manager for a panel of patients.
- Maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
- Answer telephone consults with assistance of clinic staff.
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries.
- Determine need for consultation and assist in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approve/disapprove subspecialty referrals.
- Provide primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- May be responsible for clinical oversight of physician assistants/nurse practitioners on the Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Attend and participate in patient carereports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
- 65-bed facility providing inpatient, outpatient, and emergent care.
- Scheduled shifts are normally Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Requires completion of an accredited Family Practice residency.
- Must have at least 24months' experience in the practice of Family Medicine or in training within the last 36months.
- Current board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM) required.
- Must have sufficient experience to be able to perform medical procedures such as BLS, ACLS, PALS, Cardioversion, punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions, Intubation, LP, Paracentesis, etc.