Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Day time hours
- Malpractice Insurance provided
- Patient population already insured by TRICARE benefits
- PTO - fantastic accural rate
- Competitive Compensation
The Family Practice Physician is at the Naval Health Clinic and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services.
Family Practice Physician job overview:
- Serve as Primary Care Manager (PCM) for a panel of patients enrolled to a health maintenance organization (HMO)-style benefit.
- Approximately 1,100 to 1,300 TRICARE Prime enrollees, provide up to thirty six (36) bookable hours of patient care per week.
- Treat non-enrolled patients on a space available basis, as assigned.
- During on-call beeper watches, provide telephone consultation and make appropriate patient referrals, including other sources of emergency care.
- Responsible for obstetrical care of their enrollees. Primary Care of pregnant enrollees will be the responsibility of the obstetrician during pregnancy.
- No inpatient responsibilities.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, including, but not limited to, hospital corpsmen, technicians, medical students in accordance with educational agreements in force, and provide educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocol, adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Provide a full range of physician services
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
Family Practice Physician job requirements:
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association
- Doctorate degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Successful completion of a residency program in Family Practice approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority
- Ccurrent, valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any U.S. jurisdiction
- Demonstrate clinical competency within the past two (2) years in comparable clinical discipline
- Physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services requiredunder the task order.
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently and maintain good communication skills with patients and other health care personnel.
- U.S. Citizen