Family Practice Physician
Cigna Onsite Health offers a different way to practice medicine for providers. Our providers work independently onsite at our employer clients, and provide quality care to their employees in support of evidence-based medicine guidelines, in a corporate setting, with minimal weekends and no “on-call” hours. Paperwork and administrative work is limited so our physicians can focus on providing high quality patient care. Cigna Onsite Health focuses on the individualized treatment and coaching of employees in the workplace environment.
We provide accessible, quality care and guide employees and their families to Cigna resources and relevant employer wellness programs. Because of the convenient location, Cigna Onsite providers are readily accessible to employees of our host client.
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Primary Care treatment for the complex chronic patient in an Employer-based setting.
- Urgent Care requiring limited to no follow-up.
- Extended Episodic Acute Care which can include 4-5 visits for an illness or injury that is limited in its chronicity.
- Oversight and ability to perform specimen collection onsite for employee convenience.
- Ability to provide oversight and ability to run onsite CLIA waived tests.
- Ability to evaluate patients who need to go on, or are already on, Short Term Disability and work with the Case Management team.
- To work with onsite employees to provide biometric screening and education in clinic.
- To evaluate and provide direct one on one health coaching to employees along with referring patients into Wellness programs while working as a team member with telephonic wellness team.
- To dispense prepackaged medications onsite (if allowable by law).
- To respond to onsite emergencies until EMS can arrive.
- BLS training and the ability to utilize and AED when appropriate.
- To assist patients to increase knowledge of specific condition through individual and/or group educational opportunities.
- Promote care team approach to healthcare through fostering of relationship with MAA.
- Keep license current and attend appropriate CME educational opportunities.
- To assist in the development of appropriate treatment protocols based on Evidence Based Medicine when applicable.
- The ability to communicate with both internal and external customers.
- The ability to present to group of employees on various related health topics.
- To be able to manage the clinic support team while following CIGNA policy and procedures.
- Act as supervising physician for multiple providers, either NPs or PAs in accordance with GA medical board/statues.- Participate, assist, and potentially lead in population health initiatives.- Provide backup coveragesupport.
- Active and unrestricted Medical License required, in respective state.
- Board Certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine; Licensed in Georgia.
- Minimum of at least two or more years of experience, working independently in an internal medicine or family practice setting.
- Passionate about health and wellness and educating patients.
- Chronic condition management.
- Electronic Health Records experience.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Ability to partner with local HR to better employee’s health.
- Ability to speak to groups.