ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis: Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information about patient?s medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient?s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Provides prenatal care to pregnant women, delivers babies, and provides postnatal care to mothers and infants.
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient?s well-being.
- Works continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, competent, and effective manner.
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient carereports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
- Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency with 1years or more experience
- Current board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM)
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
- Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients.
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care. All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions
Benefits: Tuition Forgiveness Program, 401K, Medical Malpractice Insurance and much much more!!!!